A Forum for Documentary Disruption
Call For Submissions
"Disrupting Documentary Volume III"
As we complete the publication of our initial journal volumes, we invite scholars and practitioners to submit work before September 30th. We are open to any topic engaging nonfiction film or media that has the intention of disrupting the field. Whether its a pedagogical approach, a new manifesto, a book chapter or video essay, we are interested to see how scholars and makers are challenging the form and function of documentary and nonfiction film and media in the modern age.
FOR JOURNAL SUBMISSIONS
- Abstract of no more than 500 words with three bibliographic sources.
- Bio of no more than 250 words, noting academic or industry affiliation.
- Full essays may be submitted for consideration. Please note if the essay has been published before and where.
- Full essays should be between 1,000-10,000 words. We accept academic papers, book and film reviews, interviews and articles of varying lengths.
- Please use Chicago Manual Style for your submissions.
- Please follow this secure link for submission or send your entry to the journal editor soumyaa [at] sfsu.edu
- Project submissions include creative works, video essays, interactive media, multi-modal media, we will also accept alternative projects like VR, AR, archives of relevance, or other timely submissions.
- If selected, third party clearances must be in place, and media made available for download by the Documentary Film Institute.
- Please follow this link for submissions and further informations.